Update: my slidedeck can be found at https://speakerdeck.com/jkusters/cloud-based-diaster-recovery
Business Continuity in the cloud era
I will be speaking at Weolcan‘s ‘Business Continuity in the cloud era’ event on October 6th at the ‘Offices 4 You’ location at the Olympic Stadium in Amsterdam. Weolcan have teamed up with Rubrik for this event and it promises to be an exciting afternoon. Rubrik’s CEO (Bipul Sinha) and Chief Technical Evangelist (Chris Wahl) will be presenting and Weolcan’s Bart Veldhuis will do a brief recap of the last Cloud Architect Alliance session on Business Continuity. This is an amazing line-up for me to be a part of!
My experiences with Business Continuity
The topic of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) interests me enormously and I’ve dealt with the topic on several occasions in varying roles:
- I’ve done technical designs and implementations of on-premises Disaster Recovery measures such as VMware’s Site Recovery Manager,
- I have also conducted assessments on the tactical and operational DR capabilities of companies and
- most recently, I’ve conducted Cloud-based DR Readiness Assessments.
‘Business Continuity in the cloud era’ can be approached from two perspectives:
- If you place workloads in a (public) cloud environment, how will BCDR be provided?
- How can you deliver BCDR capabilities using cloud technology?
My presentation will discuss the second perspective. Without giving too much away from my presentation: cloud computing technology and cloud computing characteristics make BCDR an ideal use case for cloud! If you want to hear the details, join us tomorrow!
I will upload my slide deck to https://speakerdeck.com/ and publish a link on this page after finishing the presentation tomorrow.
More details and registration
For more details about the event and to register (for free) have a look at Eventbrite. The venue promises to be packed but I believe there are still a few tickets available.