My good friends at Vembu informed me BDRSuite v5.5.0 was released recently. This short blogpost explains the new features and enhancements of this release.
Support for VMware vSphere v8.x
BDRSuite now supports Backup and Replication for virtual machines running on the latest version VMware vSphere v8.x.
Google Cloud as Backup Repository
Google Cloud Storage (Object Storage) is now supported in BDRSuite to store backup data, backup copy and offsite copy data. BDRSuite already supports other cloud storages such Amazon S3, Azure Blog, S3 Compatible storages such as Wasabi, MinIO, etc.
BDRSuite now supports ConnectWise Integration. This feature allows you to create service tickets automatically in ConnectWise Manage for BDRSuite activities. The tickets can be created for various tasks (Backup/Restore/Replication) and different task status (Success/Failed/Warning) on relevant service boards.
Backup and Recovery of VMware VM Templates
BDRSuite for VMware now supports backup for VMware VM Templates. Now, VM Templates will show up in the list of VMware ESXi/vCenter entities that can be selected for backup. You can configure backup for VM Templates and restore when required.
Backup and Recovery of Google Workspace Shared Drive
BDRSuite now supports backup and recovery of Shared Drives in Google Workspace Organization.
Backup and Recovery of Microsoft 365 Archive Mailbox
BDRSuite now supports backup and recovery of user mails in the Archive Mailbox (In-place Archive) of Microsoft 365.
Deduplication for Microsoft 365 User Mails
BDRSuite now reduces bandwidth and storage utilization by using the mail-level deduplication feature at the source while backing up Microsoft 365 user mailboxes. With this, BDRSuite avoids transmitting duplicate email data and saves bandwidth and storage.
- VMware Backup Performance increased by 2x
- VMware CBT Reset
- Parallel Disk Image Backup
- Parallel Synthetic Full Backup
- Auxiliary Applications for Microsoft 365 Backup
- Restore to a mailbox in different Organization (Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace)
- Restore the backed up user mails directly from Microsoft 365 console through BDRSuite Add-in for Outlook
- Download Restore Logs for Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace
- Breadcrumbs view for OneDrive and Group OneDrive Restore
- Enhanced progress window for Offsite Replication