Vembu BDRSuite 5.6.0 is a comprehensive backup and disaster recovery software designed to protect business-critical data across virtual, physical, cloud workloads, and SaaS applications. The latest version of Vembu BDRSuite – v5.6.0 – comes with several new features and enhancements that make backup and disaster recovery management easier and more efficient than ever before.
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the new features and enhancements included in Vembu BDRSuite 5.6.0 and how they can benefit your business.
New Features and Enhancements
Vembu BDRSuite 5.6.0 introduces a host of new features and enhancements that further improve its backup and recovery capabilities.
Add Servers and Endpoints through AD/LDAP Server
The BDRSuite Backup Server now lets users to add multiple servers (Windows, Linux ) and endpoints (Windows, Linux & Mac) as data sources. This is done by importing machine details from the AD/LDAP servers. With this feature, multiple machines can be managed for backup and recovery from a single console on the backup server.
Centralized Backup Management for Mac
With the latest version of BDRSuite, backup configuration and restore of Mac endpoint is now more straightforward. Instead of using separate clients, administrators can configure and manage backups directly from a centralized backup server. This not only simplifies the management process but also eliminates the need for separate clients.
Backup Windows machines directly from Linux BDRSuite Backup Server
With the Linux BDRSuite Backup Server, users can now directly manage the backup and restore functions of the Microsoft Windows (DiskImage Backup). This integration simplifies the process by eliminating the need for separate clients, and managing all backups and restores from a single interface.
Backup Job Template for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups
The BDRSuite now offers backup job template feature that allows users to create backup job templates while configuring file server backup (Windows, Linux) and endpoints backup (Windows, Linux, and Mac) . This feature helps to eliminate the need for repeatedly configuring backup options such as scheduling, retention, and exclusion each time while creating a backup job for the respective entities. With this feature, users can create backup job templates based on their organization’s policy and use them when creating backup jobs for respective workloads.
Multi-tenancy support for Endpoints and File/Folder Backups
Using this feature, MSPs and IT admins can now group the selected servers and endpoints to create a separate tenant with Read-Only or Restore-Only permission. This feature now supports Endpoints (Windows, Linux, and Mac), Servers (Windows, and Linux) along with other workloads.
Enhancements in BDRSuite v5.6.0 include:
- Users can now schedule an on-demand incremental backup for a specific host(s)/VM(s) and failed host(s)/VM(s) in a backup job
- List of all Protected Host(s)/VMs in the BDRSuite Backup Server for Host/VM level backup and direct restore
- Microsoft 365 backup support for permanently deleted mails and litigation hold items
- Users can now choose the Azure Environment (Azure Default Cloud, Azure US Government clouds, Azure China) while adding Microsoft 365 Organization
- Users can now add Microsoft 365 Organization with Certificate Based MS Graph API authorization instead of Application secret Key
- End-user self recovery via BDRSuite’s MS Outlook addon and end-user login for SaaS application backup
- Deleted items retention handling for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and Sharepoint Sites
- Backup speed optimization for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and Sharepoint Sites
- Where-it-left-off feature support for Microsoft 365 user mailbox
- Backup parallel limit & queue/retry mechanism for endpoints
- Users can now search for specific Backup/ VMs from the reports page (Recent Job Schedule, Recent Host/VM Schedule reports, etc…)
- Enhanced filter option in List Jobs / Recovery pages to search in name of backups, and filter by the status of backup (active, idle, etc…)
- End-user restore based on Online Authorization for SaaS applications
These new features and enhancements, along with several other improvements to the performance and stability of the BDRSuite as a whole, streamline your operations and save you time.
In conclusion, Vembu BDRSuite 5.6.0 is the complete backup and disaster recovery solution that your business needs to ensure that your critical data and applications are always safe and secure. With its flexible backup and recovery options, broad platform support, and several new features and enhancements, Vembu BDRSuite 5.6.0 is the ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.