Vembu BDRSuite v5.6.0 U1 is Generally Available[sponsored]
My good friends at Vembu are back with yet another update to their flagship product. The latest version, BDRSuite v5.6.0 Update 1, is out now and packed with a host of new features and enhancements. Let’s dive into what’s new in this release.
Backup Proxy for VMware in Linux BDRSuite Backup Server
With this release, we have introduced support for backup proxy for VMware in Linux BDRSuite backup server. This will allow you to perform fast and efficient backups of your VMware virtual machines using BDRSuite.
Perform Bare Metal Recovery directly using VHD in BDRSuite Virtual Drive
We have simplified the Bare-Metal Recovery (BMR) process. Now you can use the VHD mounted in the BDRSuite Virtual Drive as a backup data source. Previously, VHD had to be downloaded and used to perform BMR.
Detailed Report for Files/Folders Skipped from Backup
BDRSuite now provides detailed information on files/folders that were skipped during the backup process. This report will help you identify files/folders that were not backed up and taking appropriate action to ensure that critical data is not lost.
Add Servers & Endpoints as Data Sources without credentials
BDRSuite now allows you to add servers and endpoints as data sources without their credentials. This feature eliminates the need for storing sensitive information, simplifying the data source setup process.
Enhancements in BDRSuite v5.6.0 include:
- Users can now schedule an on-demand incremental backup for a specific host(s)/VM(s) and failed host(s)/VM(s) in a backup job
- List of all Protected Host(s)/VMs in the BDRSuite Backup Server for Host/VM level backup and direct restore
- Microsoft 365 backup support for permanently deleted mails and litigation hold items
- Users can now choose the Azure Environment (Azure Default Cloud, Azure US Government clouds, Azure China) while adding Microsoft 365 Organization
- Users can now add Microsoft 365 Organization with Certificate Based MS Graph API authorization instead of Application secret Key
- End-user self recovery via BDRSuite’s MS Outlook addon and end-user login for SaaS application backup
- Deleted items retention handling for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and Sharepoint Sites
- Backup speed optimization for OneDrive, Group OneDrive and Sharepoint Sites
- Where-it-left-off feature support for Microsoft 365 user mailbox
- Backup parallel limit & queue/retry mechanism for endpoints
- Users can now search for specific Backup/ VMs from the reports page (Recent Job Schedule, Recent Host/VM Schedule reports, etc…)
- Enhanced filter option in List Jobs / Recovery pages to search in name of backups, and filter by the status of backup (active, idle, etc…)
- End-user restore based on Online Authorization for SaaS applications
- Add Servers & Endpoints as Data Sources without credentials
- Detailed Report for Files/Folders Skipped from Backup
These new features and enhancements, along with several other improvements to the performance and stability of the BDRSuite as a whole, streamline your operations and save you time.
Free trial download
If you want to try BDRSuite for yourself, head over to the Vembu website and download a full-featured trial today! If you are already running BDRSuite, check out the upgrade guide.